Free stuff to do!
London has some of the most amazing and impressive things to do in the whole world. We are all so lucky to live in this amazing city, and we should be exploring! It is not only great fun, but you will learn lots, develop new skills, and make new friends! Trips are great fun for the whole family, and you could buddy up with other friends and go together (with an adult!). Travel across London is free for under 16s. Adults will need to pay for transport, but if you take a packed lunch with you, that could be the only cost for the WHOLE day – less than the price of a Bargain Bucket!
This page is meant to help you plan a trip. You can also review your trip as a comment to this page.
So… Let’s get started.
- First choose an event or place you want to visit. Think carefully – are you interested in it? Will your family enjoy it? Do you have time to go?
- Look at the websites that are linked to in each suggestion – they will give you a better idea of what to expect than my short summaries.
- Now you need to plan your journey. Each suggestion on this blog tells you the address and postcode. You might need to plan your journey in a little more detail though. Click here to visit the Transport For London routeplanner. You need to put your home postcode in the ‘From’ box, and check the ‘postcode’ option. Put the postcode of the place you want to visit in the ‘travelling to’ box and check the postcode box. This should give you a detailed route which you could print out or copy down to take with you.
- Go on an exciting trip!
Here are some tips for a great day out:
- Take a packed lunch. Food at museums and galleries tends to be quite expensive and not very nice!
- Do some learning before you go. Look on websites and read books about the place you are visiting – it will help you to get the best out of the day – it’s not good to miss out on the best bits!
- Check whether you need to book tickets – see above…
- Take a camera, a notebook and pen or both. It will help you to remember the best bits.
- Buddy up – it’s great to go on a trip with your family, and even better to go with a friend or two.
- Get a good night’s sleep before you go. It can be tiring walking around our hectic city